Disadvantages Of Drinking Tea: Tea is an aromatic beverage commonly prepared by pouring hot or boiling water over cured leaves of the Camellia sinensis, an evergreen shrub native to East Asia. After water, it is the most widely consumed drink in the world No matter what the season, tea can be a tasty beverage since it can be served Tea, especially green tea, is a rich source of flavonoids, bioactive compounds that can lessen oxidative stress, relieve inflammation, and provide other health Benefits .but there are some disadvantage of tea also
1. Poor sleep: Because tea naturally contains caffeine, excessive intake may disrupt your sleep cycle.
2. Heartburn: The caffeine in tea may cause heartburn or aggravate preexisting acid reflux symptoms. Research suggests that caffeine can relax the sphincter that separates your esophagus from your stomach, allowing acidic stomach contents to more easily flow into the esophagus
3. Headaches: Routine consumption of caffeine from tea may contribute to recurrent headaches. Some research suggests that as little as 100 mg of caffeine per day could contribute to daily headache recurrence
4. Teeth stains: This is the most obvious and benign disadvantage of drinking tea. Just like with coffee or red wine, tea can color your teeth if you’re not careful.
5. Stomach issues: Sour stomach, stomach aches, and even Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) can arise from drinking a lot of tea
6. Sugar overload: If you add, say, a teaspoon of sugar to your cup of tea and you drink 2 to 3 cups a day, that’s 2 to 3 teaspoons of sugar. With one teaspoon containing 16 calories, you’ll be ingesting 48 calories of sugar. This may not seem much but if you drink more cups and add that to the sugar found in other food you eat the whole day, you won’t be doing yourself a favor.