Benefits of Mustard Oil: There are some ingredients which will never get replaced within the Indian kitchen. Not only they play a vital role in creating regional delicacies, but their uses are manifold and extend beyond the confines of the kitchen. One such example is mustard oil. While it does take some "getting used to" to familiarise yourself with the pungency, get past it and you'll soon learn to understand its unique flavour.
It's addictive in Eastern and North Eastern India, it's hard to imagine life without a bottle of mustard oil reception. It's believed to possess miraculous properties, and thus is employed as a remedy to treat cold, boost immunity, encourage hair growth, provide nourishment to the skin (especially just in case of babies are massaged with mustard oil during winters and made to sunbathe for a dose of vitamin D to strengthen their bones), oral health, so on then forth.
Mustard oil is extracted from mustard seeds (black, brown and white), and is sepia or amber in colour. It's been commonly utilized in North and Malay Archipelago since the past , and comes with a bevy of health benefits.
Benefits of mustard oil
Mustard oil is a common staple in India, Being extracted from Mustard seeds, this oil carries a singular nutty flavour and packs an enormous array of health benefits.
- Being rich in MUFA, PUFA, Omega 3 & 6, Vitamin E, Minerals and anti-oxidants, The oil demonstrates strong Anti-Microbial property and is Anti-inflammatory in nature. It improves heart health and reduces cancer risks also.
- Most valuable health advantage of Mustard oil are often attributed to its strong stimulant property. It helps improves circulation, boosts metabolism, relieves sinus congestion and most significantly invigorates digestion.
- Due to its thigh and high consistency and rich vitamin E content, Mustard oil is taken into account as a natural Sunscreen when applied externally. It also acts as a natural cleanser to open the skin pores by stimulating sweat glands. Massaging with Mustard oil is understood to lighten the pigmentation spots and improve complexion.
- Mustard oil moisturizes and revitalizes the scalp with essential fatty acids and helps prevent hair loss by avoiding dandruff and fungal infections. Mix with an equal quantity of Virgin copra oil and massage scalp for complete hair care from root to the tip.
- It also acts as an antibacterial when used both externally and internally. Internally it fights with the bacterial infections in colon, intestines and other parts of alimentary canal. Externally it fights both bacterial and fungal infections of the skin.
- Organic Mustard Oil carries a fragile pungent and nutty flavour which tastes great in many recipes. It is often used as vegetable oil, oil for pickling and externally for massaging the skin and on hair.