Having seasonal fruits is such a delight; firstly, we have waited for months to taste them and secondly it the need of our body. As summers are here, and so the mangoes! In our childhood, we must have stolen it from our neighbours courtyard. It is our favourite from childhood.
Mango is the king of the fruits, not only for its sugary taste but is also healthy in more than one way.
To know what are health benefits of mangoes give a read below.
1. Lowers cholesterol- Mango is a rich source of vitamin C, pectin and fiber which helps in lowering the cholesterol level and keeps the heart healthy.
2. Beneficial for the eyes - One sliced mango constitutes about 25 percent of vitamin A and is a good source to keep the eye-sight healthy and prevents night-blindness.
3. Alkalines the body- The acidic nature of mango helps in maintaining the alkaline content in the body.
4. Fights heat stroke- A juice made from raw mango with added some sweetener cools the body from excess heat present outdoor. It keeps the body cool and does not let you get exhausted.
5. Boosts the immune system- A considerate amount of vitamin A and vitamin C in mango with 25 different kinds of carotenoids helps to keep your immune system super strong and prevents the body from falling ill.