Ghee is understood to hydrate all skin types. It contains essential fatty acids that induce hydration within the skin cells, thus moisturizing dry skin. Ghee is additionally considered together of the simplest natural anti-aging solutions.
Ayurveda reccomends ghee for skin care due to its nourishing and hydrating properties. Here's how you can use ghee as an skin care ingredient.
Ways to use ghee as an Skin Care
- Along with skin care, ghee may be a very useful ingredient in hair care regimens also . It conditions dry, frizzy, and rough hair and makes it extremely soft and glossy. a mixture of ghee and vegetable oil (or coconut oil), when applied to the scalp till the ends, can treat almost any problem associated with hair.The ghee remedy that we are getting to share now's also called Shata dhauta ghrita in Ayurveda, where shata means 100, dhauta means thoroughly washed with water, and ghrita means ghee.
To prepare this remedy, all you would like is 10 ounces of ghee and a sufficient amount of water.
1. Mix ghee thoroughly with an equal amount of water for around five minutes, and let the water out.
2. Now, again add some water to the paste and blend it well.
3. Repeat this mixing and rinsing for as repeatedly as possible.
As per Ayurveda, it's suggested to vary the water and blend it again for around 100 times. But since it's impossible practically, you'll repeat the procedure for around 20–30 minutes.
- Now, when you’re through with the procedure, you'll notice that the ghee are going to be much smoother now, and it'll have a butter-like consistency. the colour also changes to white, and if you touch it, the ghee are going to be tons cooler.
- This special and simple-to-make ghee is useful in treating several skin conditions. you'll apply it on burns, scars, wounds, herpes wounds, acne scars, scars caused thanks to chicken pox, or if you’re affected by any burning sensation on the skin to urge instant relief.
- It also acts as a natural moisturizer. Hence, you'll apply it to your face regularly, leave it on for quarter-hour , then wash it off with cold water.
- Unexplained bleeding or spotting is usually noticed in pregnant women. you'll apply this processed ghee round the umbilicus to treat it.
- Even during Ayurvedic leech therapy, you'll apply this ghee to the affected area to scale back the burning sensation and stop further bleeding after the treatment.
- Shata dhauta ghrita also can be used for treating herpes. While treating skin-related disorders like herpes and erysipelas, if the symptoms are associated with vata and pitta aggravation, they're treated by applying a mix of the shata dhauta ghrita and a couple of bitter herbs over the skin lesions.