There are times when you feel exhausted, but remember your kitchen always has something for a quick energy fix. And here's recipe that will give you an energy boost. Try making these naturally-sweet granola bars and you would know how easy it is to do away with refined sugars and sugary cereals.
· 1 cup dates (deseeded)
· ¼ cup honey (or maple syrup)
· ¼ cup peanut butter (preferably homemade)
· 1 cup roasted cashews (or almonds)
· ¼ cup raisins (or dried cranberries)
· 1.25 cup rolled oats
· 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. In a grinder, blend the deseeded dates.
2. Slightly-roast oats, nuts and keep them aside.
3. Mix all the ingredients and pour honey, add peanut butter and vanilla extract to it and mix them well.
4. Once all the ingredients are mixed nicely, transfer them to an 8×8-inch baking dish or other small pan lined with plastic wrap or parchment paper so they come off easily.
5. Refrigerate them before cutting into bars.
6. Store in an airtight container.
7. Before consuming, you can garnish it with some dark chocolate or mix it with your favourite ice-cream.