Women usually take their health for granted, because they busy in taking care of everyone else. But in today's world of pandemic, it is imperative to prioritise their well-being. Middle aged women, particularly, have to take care of themselves this year. So, here we have shared some tips by which they can take care of their health.
Health issues commonly seen in middle aged women, between the ages of 45 and 60 years:
* Diabetes and hypertension
* Eat a healthy diet: Middle aged women should add fruits, vegetables, legumes (lentils and beans), nuts and whole grains (unprocessed maize, millet, oats, wheat and brown rice) to their healthy diet. Unsaturated fats (found in fish, avocado, nuts, sunflower, canola and olive oil) are preferable to saturated fats (found in meat, butter, palm and coconut oil, cream cheese, ghee and lard).
* Exercise regularly: Maintaining a healthy weight will help you to cut down the risk of diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, stroke, obesity, osteoporosis, risk of fractures, and possibly reduce the risk of certain cancers, too, like that of breast colon, etc. Exercise helps to improve body balance and coordination, reduces the risk of depression and improves mental skills which decline with age.
* A regular health checkup for diabetes, anaemia, cholesterol and hypertension at least once a year is recommended by the doctors.
* Women with a family history of breast, ovarian or colon cancer should discuss these issues with their doctor.