June 4 is celebrated as National Cheese Day every year in the United States Of America. The day is celebrated to enjoy different recipes of cheese. As it pairs perfectly with sandwiches, pizzas, burgers and crackers. On the occasion of National Cheese Day, we have shared here the recipe of easy cheese balls that you can make at home.
3 medium Potatoes, boiled (250 gms)
100 gms Mozzarella Cheese or Cheddar Cheese
3 tablespoons finely chopped Capsicum, optional
1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli Flakes
1/2 teaspoon Pizza Seasonings (or dried Italian herbs)
1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
1/2 teaspoon grated Garlic(or paste), optional
2 tablespoons Breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons Maida (all purpose flour)
2 tablespoons Cornstarch (cornflour)
1/4 cup Water (or as needed)
1/2 cup Breadcrumbs
Oil, for deep frying
Salt to taste
1. Boil the potatoes.
2. Peel them off and either grate or mash them using a grater.
3. Add 3 tablespoons finely chopped capsicum, 1/2 teaspoon red chilli flakes, 1/2 teaspoon pizza seasonings and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder, 1/2 teaspoon grated garlic, 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs, and salt.
4. Now take 2 tablespoons cornstarch and 2 tablespoons maida in a small bowl. Add water little by little and mix well to make a medium thick paste.
5. Cut the cheese into 10 small cubes, and divide the mixture into 10 equal portions. Now take one piece and give it a shape like a ball.
6. Press it between your palms and flatten it. Place a small cube of cheese in the center.
7. Wrap it from all the sides and give a shape of a ball again.
8. Coat the balls with breadcrumbs. And dip one by one into a cornflour paste.
9. Again dip it into breadcrumbs.
10. Now heat the oil in a frying pan to deep fry the cheese balls on a medium flame.
11. Now deep fry the balls in oil till it gets golden brown.
12. Take it out and strain the excess oil using a tissue paper.
13. Your homemade cheese balls are ready to serve.