Every year the first Friday of June in USA is celebrated as National Doughnuts Day. This year National Doughnut Day 2020 June 5. The Stores in America offer free doughnuts to people on National Doughnut Day. On the occasion of National Doughnut Day 2020, we bring you the delicious recipe of doughnut that you can easily make at home. Give a read below to know how you can make the doughnuts at home.
For Donut Poppers
2¼ cup Flour
2 teaspoon Baking Powder
⅔ cup Sugar
½ teaspoon Salt
½ cup Milk
3 large Eggs (room temperature)
2 teaspoons Vanilla Essence
¼ cup Vegetable Oil
Oil for deep frying
1 or 2 teaspoons Optional flavourings, (Orange zest, Lemon zest, Cinnamon)
For Chocolate Sauce
60 grams Dark Chocolate
½ cup Milk
Orange zest peel
1. Take a bowl and mix flour, baking powder, sugar and salt all together and set aside.
2. In a separate bowl or jar, mix together milk, eggs, vanilla essence, optional flavourings and oil. Beat the mixture properly and add the ingredients one by one using a spatula.
3. In a pan heat oil, Using your 4 fingers, scoop out the batter and release in hot oil using your thumb.
4. Now, deep fry the balls for a few minutes till it gets golden brown.
5. After frying, transfer the donut balls to a tissue paper to soak the excess oil.
7. To make the chocolate sauce, heat milk in a pan and when it boils add in the chocolates. Lower the flame and let the chocolate melt, mix occasionally. Once the chocolate has melted and is smooth in texture, chocolate sauce is ready to spread it on the donut.