National Tea Day 2020 is celebrated on April 21 every year. The day is celebrated in United Kingdom to show their affection for tea. No matter what the season, tea is an all time tasty beverage since it can be served iced or hot.
Tea is often considered as the best refreshment beverage, which can freshen up the mind and body of an individual. There are varieties of teas, such as green tea, black tea, mint tea and etc. But its benefits go far beyond refreshment. There is plenty of research showing that drinking tea can actually improve your heart health, immunity boosting power, and many more.
Health Benefits of Tea
1. Weight Loss - Green tea, mainly contains caffeine and catechins, which helps in weight loss. Drinking green tea daily can be beneficial for people who want to lose their weight.
2. Good Heart Health - Everyday intake of Green tea or black tea lowers the risk of cholesterol and blood pressure, they also reduce the risk of heart disease.
3. Diabetics - The catechins present in green tea keeps the blood sugar in control, which lowers the chance of type 2 diabetes.
4. Strong Immune - Herbal tea like help in boosting the immunity due to the antioxidants present in it.
5. Smooth Digestion - Herbal teas are also considered effective for people with irritable bowel syndrome because it is an antispasmodic.