It doesn't matter how deep you dive into the culinary sea, there always be something that will make you learn something new. Be it traditional cooking, fermentation or even the sourdough. The techniques and cultures are now being beautifully picked up and revived to fill the modern plate. Today we here with yet another recipe for you, and this time it's, sorghum millet.
Here's how you can make it.
½ cup discarded sourdough starter
¼ cup red sorghum (jowar) flour
1.5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
¼ tsp rock salt
1 tsp pizza seasonings
¼ cup thinly sliced bell pepper julienne
1 tsp chopped pickled jalapenos
2 tsp chopped green olives
* Preheat oven at 160 degree Celsius and line a baking sheet on it.
* In a bowl, mix the sourdough starter discard, red sorghum millet flour, pizza seasoning, salt and olive oil.
* Spread the mixture with the spoon on the parchment paper.
* Next, top it up with bell pepper julienne, finely chopped jalapenos and olives.
* Bake for 10-15 minutes till the mixture gets the perfect shape.
* Remove the baking tray from oven make cuts on the crackers.
* Bake further for 25-30 minutes with continuous flipping and manually keeping an eye on your oven until the crackers are golden brown in colour.
*Let it cool and store it in an air-tight container.
*These crackers stays good for 8-10 days.