Do you love to eat buns with hot tea or coffee or a burger? So, how about making a healthier version of buns with oats instead of all-purpose flour. If you are in the mood to try your hands on a healthy recipe, we have brought something very healthy for you. Here we have shared the easy to bake recipe if oats buns.
All you need:
60 gm – Whole oats 60 gms
425 gms – Milk (room temperature)
500 gms – Whole wheat flour
4 gms – Instant dry yeast
40 gms – Honey
25 gms – Sunflower oil
12 gms – Salt
57 gms – Sunflower seeds (Lightly roasted)
10 gms – Sesame seeds (for topping)
¼ cup – Egg wash or milk wash
* Take a bowl and soak the oats in the milk.
*Now mix the flour and yeast in another bowl.
* Now add honey, oil & salt to oats-milk mixture and mix well.
* Then add flour and yeast mixture to it and knead well to form a soft dough.
* Add some sunflower seeds or sesame seeds in it.
*Now, cover the dough with the muslin cloth for about an hour.
* After one hour, cut it into pieces and shape them into rounds to make a bun.
*Cover the buns for about 40-50 minutes.
*Later, apply the egg wash and sprinkle some sesame seeds to it.
*In a preheated oven at 210 degrees, place a baking pan underneath with some water to give some steam.
*Now place the baking pan with the buns in an oven for about 15 minutes, till it gets middle rack and balls have turned golden-brown.